Hola beautiful amigos,
Who doesn’t like pancakes on a Sunday morning? However, they come with a load of calories that some of us might not want. So I decided to create a healthier recipe, Banana, Chia & Hemp Seeds Healthy Pancakes, so we can enjoy the guilty pleasures of our Sunday pancakes without the actual guilt 😉
I am replacing regular flour for coconut flour for binding purposes and you will love all the coconut flour benefits:
- Coconut flour is not grain-based and in turn is gluten-free, hoooorayyy…
- Coconut flour is rich in protein, fiber and fat which makes it exceptionally filling.
- Coconut flour is also a good source of lauric acid, a saturated fat thought to support the immune system and the thyroid. Like most healthy fats lauric acid also promotes good skin health.
- Coconut flour is an exceptionally good source of manganese which helps you to better utilize many nutrients including choline and biotin (found in eggs), vitamin C and thiamin. Manganese also supports bone health, nervous system function, thyroid health and helps to maintain optimal blood sugar levels.
You can also skip the flour altogether and add ground flaxseed instead to add more fiber and help with the texture for better cooking purposes.
*Serving: 8-10 pancakes depending on size.
All Organic Ingredients:
1/4 cup of coconut flour
1 tbsp of whole husk psyllium
1 tbsp of hemp seeds
1 tbsp of chia seeds
A pinch of himalayan salt
Coconut oil for cooking
1. Smash the bananas with a fork and mix all the ingredients manually with a hand blender. For a step by step you can check out my instagram video here:
2. Pour the mixture over coconut oil and cook the pancakes throughoutly on both sides.
These pancakes are super delicious, nutritious and very filling.
Share with me in the comments below ideas and/or recipes of your favorite healthy breakfast options for a possible feature in my blog!
Hasta la vista babies…