Hola beautiful amigos,
If you are already exercising 3-5 times a week, then you are among the few people that strive to be fitter, healthier, and that truly care about your health and fitness. However, are you seeing the results you want with all that hard work? What do you think is hindering your goal? Do you think you are eating clean and healthy?
In many cases, your nutrition is the cause of your lack of results. You think you are eating clean and healthy, but in reality, you might be eating too much of the bad stuff, or too little of the good stuff. Here are some tips you can start implementing in your daily life and I can guarantee you that if you do these everyday, and are more aware of what you put in your body, you will see results within 30 days of doing this.
Remember it’s not about living on a diet, it’s about living a healthy lifestyle.
Tips to lose weight and detox your body to see faster weight loss results:
1. Drink warm water with lemon every morning. Drink a cup of warm water with ½ an organic lemon to help the detox process of your body. Starting your day with lemon juice water is an excellent way to boost vitality, increase energy and cleanse out your system.
2. Eat slowly and stop eating when you are 80% full.
3. Choose mostly whole foods with minimal processing.
4. Choose local and/or organic foods when possible.
5. Eat your largest meal of the day after exercise.
6. Eat every 3 hours. This doesn’t mean eat pasta or bread every 3 hours, it only means to consume small nutrient dense foods to keep your metabolism working and burning.
7. Eat protein dense foods with each meal. A portion size of protein is visually about the size of the palm of your hand. Between 20-30 g if you are a woman, or 40-60 g if you are a man.
8. Eat vegetables with each meal. Include at least two servings of low-glycemic fruits and/or vegetables per meal. (Fruits and vegetables have a low calorie density and can help regulate overall food intake). Also consider that one medium-sized fruit, ½ cup raw chopped fruit or vegetables, and 1 cup of raw, leafy vegetables each equal one serving. You might have to build up to 10 servings of fruits and veggies per day, since this is the magic serving number.
9. For fat loss, eat the majority of your carbohydrate intake after exercise. Save the starchy carbohydrates for after your exercise. Within 3 hours of your exercise routine you can include your carb of choice. Try to focus more on unprocessed varieties than the starchy ones like pasta, bread, rice, etc… If you can’t resist the occasional slice of bread and pasta, keep it small and conscious.
10. Eat healthy fats daily. About 30% of your diet should come from a balance of healthy fats. Health, body composition, and performance can be optimized by balancing fat intake to 1/3 each from saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated. You can focus on adding healthy monounsaturated fats to your diet like (extra virgin olive oil, some nuts, and avocados) and polyunsaturated fats like (some nuts, some vegetable oils, and fish oil supplements.
In a future article I will share with you some charts about which types of protein dense foods you should include in your diet, as well as a carbohydrate chart for fat loss and muscle gain, and a fat chart, so you know exactly which type of fat you should consume and/or avoid.
Stay tuned, so much more to come… If you like this post share it via social media with all your friends and family.
– Precision Nutrition: The Essentials of Sport and Exercise Nutrition