We are back from our honeymoon in Italy. It was an incredible experience to enjoy this time away with my hubby. We ate and ate and ate some more and drank more wine than I could ever tell you. But it was all amazing and we built memories to cherish for the rest of our lives. As soon as we got back I started a 3-Day Detox (I needed it after all that pasta). I am making this 3-Day Detox into an E-Book that will be available within the next month so make sure you subscribe to our blog below to be the first to know when is ready.
Today I wanna talk to you about why our friends the Bananas have a bad reputation and the reasons you should actually consume them more often.
In this week’s video: Let’s Eat Bananas Galore! I explain step by step why Bananas are not so bad after all and I also share some ways to consume it often. You can watch it below: (Spanish w/English Subtitles)
If you have been reading my blog and watching my videos you know by now, I am NOT a friend of calorie counting. My message with OrganicLife.TV is to eat natural and non-processed foods the majority of the time, while focusing on the quality of food instead of calorie restriction. Of course, if your goal is to find your ideal healthy weight for your body type then you gotta watch out how many bananas you consume and when, but that’s with everything you consume on a regular basis. Let’s try for now to focus on quality instead of quantity, yeah?
With that said, yes even though bananas are high in calories due to their low water content they are highly beneficial to our bodies and here are just some of the benefits:
- Bananas help regulate your heart functions, your blood pressure, your cholesterol, promotes a healthy digestion and protects against heart disease.
- Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, why is this important to us? WebMD says “Potassium plays a role in every heartbeat. A hundred thousand times a day, it helps trigger your heart to squeeze blood through your body. It also helps your muscles to move, your nerves to work, and your kidneys to filter blood.
- Excellent source of Vitamin B6, which is used for heart disease; high cholesterol, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), “morning sickness” (nausea and vomiting) in early pregnancy and symptoms of menopause.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C, which is one of the safest and most effective nutrients, experts say. It may not be the cure for the common cold (though it’s thought to help prevent more serious complications). But the benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling. (Wooohoooo…)
- And an excellent source of Fiber as well, which can help lower cholesterol, prevent constipation, and improve digestion. And Americans don’t eat enough of it. On average, we get less than half of what we need.
Soooo, yes bananas are super healthy and nutritious amigos, let’s consume more of it. I eat a banana at least once a day, especially before going the gym.
Let me share some ways you can consume bananas everyday:
- Cut the bananas in slices and store in the fridge. Then use them as ice cubes for your shakes. You can make a shake with the bananas cubes, spinach, almond milk or water, which I’d recommend if you are trying to reach your ideal weight.
- You can also cut it in pieces and sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Or you can just add peanut butter.
- You can also use it as a base for pancakes, check out this recipe of delicious pancakes here: Banana, Chia & Hemp Seeds Healthy Pancakes!
- And you can use it for all sorts of healthy snacks like this one: Banana Chia Pudding Healthy Snack! or this one: Healthy Quinoa Cookie Dough Bites!
As you can see there are many benefits to eating bananas and there are also many, many ways to consume them often.
Now it’s your turn, do you have a favorite way to eat bananas or a secret recipe that you don’t mind sharing with me and the rest of the internet world? 😉 Let me know in the comments below what it is? I’d love to feature you in a future post!